Robb Wolf got a gut? How come the paleo bloggers/authors are chubby?

Posted: April 12, 2011 in Uncategorized
Tags: , , , , ,

Hey, just cos someone has a bit of a gut DOESNT make em bad people! My Mum has a gut like these fad diet authors and I still love her. Im merely pointing out that these guys have to starve emselves to say half on top of their weight in order NOT to blow out. Sure some are slipping it seems and Loren Cordain and Jimmy Moore certainly are. Nice guys though Im sure. This is JUST physiological assessment. Im sure these guys could squash me if they had enough energy/fitness to actually catch me. Sadly I dont even know any low carb crew that can sprint 400metres as fast as me and Im an ultra endurance athlete! lol!

Anyways, here is a recent shot of Robb Wolf. Maybe its just my macbook screen but does Robb Wolf look like he has a stomach paunch growing under his shirt?

Robb Wolf’s dietary philosphy is Bottom Line: Eat Right + Fasting = Better Results WOW! I will tell you something now, if you have to starve yourself a few times a week AND your eating ‘healthy’ then OBVIOUSLY your eating some nasty shit (animal fat and protein) that is slapping on the fat/body puff and making you feel crap! Robb Wolf is a self confessed ‘Coffee Addict!’ and I would be too if my diet was so deficient in glucose and soluble fiber. Must give Robb credit for promoting sleep though.

Im doing a live debate with Richard Nokely. Im concerned for his health as he looks like he is still battling the bulge after years of doing this paleo/primal shoeprint fad diet. Eat ‘healthy’ and then starve it off. Great way to feel insane I say.

Here is a before and after shot or Richard Nokely:
Richard is a Primal Shoe print evangelist and nutritional expert. Besides a tan, I can’t tell which is before or after! lol! I mean, looks like Richard has the same gut growing under his shirt. No wonder Mark Sisson and Sean Croxton keep recycling the same ‘flex’ shots from years ago. Id like to see how ‘in shape’ these guys are today. But hey, that would be too much to ask right? Sean Croxton had a dummy spit on Facebook when I asked him for an updated photo and what is typical days food intake looked like. I asked nicely and Sean replied like he wants to shove me on the griller and marinate me in my own juices. Hey, where’s the love guys!

Here is Loren Cordain. Hey Loren! DUDE! Whats with the gut bro! I thought the Paleo/primal ‘eat bacon for breakfast and in 2 hours your cut and fit to go hunt a mammoth for lunch and then go rock the spa party with the victoria secret models’! lol!

Here is a before and after. Guess which one is before. ;)

Then we have Jimmy Moore from his livinlavida low carb show. Jimmy sounds like a great guy too. Here he is in his orange shirt AFTER the suit shot is taken..looks like that high fat, animals for breakfast, lunch and dinner is catching up with JM. BUT then again, maybe he is secretly binging on steamed rice and bananas! Cos we know that rice and fruit makes you fat right? ;)

Then we have Gary Taubes, author of ‘Good Calories, Bad Calories’.

So can anyone show me a fit and lean paleo/primal authour/blogger that ISNT on HGH shots or starving up for a photo shoot? Anyone? I certainly cant. All I see is some nice crew that have been suckered and now have nothing but fat guts, old flex shots and constant carb cravings to show for it.

Here is a vid I did that ROCKED the paleo/primal world judging by the amount of hits and blogs it created. Hey, Im all about telling people what they need to hear vs what impresses people and makes quick money. I live a frugal lifestyle so I dont have to lie to people and rely on fake friends to sell BS too.

About these ads
Comments
  1. Chicky Girl says:

Health writer Andreas Moritz says that a bloated look in the abdomen is caused by expansion of the lymphatic sacks (you can find this info in his books and maybe his blog, too), which are overloaded because of trying to deal with animal protein.

It has nothing to do with fat as we tend to think of it or the calorie theory.

2. Stan says:

Found this elsewhere. Jimmy Moore sounds like a nice guy, but he is
    in a daily battle of willpower against his biological need for nutrition and calories.

He periodically has to give in to the demand for carbs, so his body can try to begin healing from the low carb catastrophe he pushes on himself. See below where he got sick after his “eggfest” and finally gives in to carb cravings and so then binges (his term: “carb-fest”).

” __I was going to go off of that in an effort to shake things up.__ __Amazingly, I felt pretty great after doing that__ and don’t feel bad about doing it one iota.”

“I decided to have an all-out carb-fest on purpose. Yep, the more carbs, the merrier. So I opted for things I haven’t eaten in years… but I wanted it and quite frankly I needed it after going through this past week the way I have.”
    “Believe it or not, eating all those carbohydrates actually made me feel better and I started feeling strong enough to start typing here at my menus blog.”

Imagine if it wasn’t junk carbs too!

3. Carly says:

Is this a joke? That Gary Taubes photo was from LONG ago for starters and if you really wanna see under that shirt of Robb’s, check out his blog, he has a topless picture under the heading “training at 39″ and believe me there is no paunch. Nor is there on me. Weirdo.

4. Dave says:

Interesting hypothesis, coupled with what I would claim is interesting selective perception. Anyway, here’s a challenge for you: let’s see if you can get fat. Go on an all-meat diet for a month, post some before and after pictures.

5. David says:

How’d you forget the biggest primal blogger of them all, Mark over at Mark’s Daily Apple? The guy’s in his 50′s and ripped! Selection bias, much?

6. durianrider says:

Id like to see a RECENT shot ie: in the last week of Mark Sisson vs the HGH, Dianabol, diuretic cycle using, photo shopped photo that he uses on the net and in promotional materials. Working in the health & fitness industry for the last 11 years, I know ALL the tricks! lol!

Im sure Mark is a nice guy, but HGH in that photo: 1000%

7. durianrider says:

Carly that is RECENT shot of Gary Taubes lol!

As for the most recent shot of Robb Wolf that hasnt been photo shopped or required the use of duiretics, tis the one Ive put up above from one of his fans. Its from March 2011 and the ‘cut shot’ you speak of is from months ago. Dont be hater cos Im exposing Santa Claus! :)

8. steve says:

I think the reason a lot of these guys aren’t leaner is there is a bias against endurance activities in the Paleo world.

9. Simon says:

Each to their own, everyone is entitled to making comments about what they believe to be right or wrong! Having “Healthy” debates (pardon the pun!) is what it’s all about!! Paleo works for some and not for others! Some folks need more Carbs and some can do fine on less! Some need meat and others don’t!

10. durianrider says:

Its cos they simply CANT train cardio on a low carb diet. Heck even Joe Friel the author says ‘ you MUST cheat on your diet if you want to do cardio and stay sane’…Sounds healthy huh! ;)

I respect Joe Friel highly in regards to his training techniques for the record. He is a genius in that department. Pity he dropped the ball in nutrition though..

11. durianrider says:

Your right Simon, if your a dog, you need meat. If your a human and you want to eat the dog when you run over it, you need meat. If you want to sell lots of books, then tell fat people that cardio is evil, fruit is the devil and that bacon and eggs for breakfast will turn you into a Greek God/dess! lol!

You know you need meat when you go for a morning run and come back with half a cat.
    You know you need milk when you start sucking your Mom’s breasts again.
    You know you need eggs when you poach your girlfriend’s periods.

Sick I know but whats the difference?

12. Fred B says:

So you’re not going to approve my comments that proved that Taubes picture is from Feb 2008, or allow a picture of a very ripped, very built Robb Wolf on here? How do you get by every day knowing nothing you say is true and constantly lying to yourself and others?

A great quote from Sh*tMyDadSays:

“The worst thing you can be is a liar….Okay fine, yes, the worst thing you can be is a Nazi, but THEN, number two is liar. Nazi 1, Liar 2″

I know you won’t post this, I just wanted to say good bye – you’re dishonest and a liar.

13. mark says:

Hey Harley, for comparisons sake why don’t you put up a recent photo of yourself ? You have to be pretty strong and ripped yourself considering all of your smack talking. Let compare apples to bacon eh ?

14. durianrider says:

Look at all my belly fat. Look at my expanding waistline and bingo arms!. ;)

Im a runner with a 78vo2max and accept that no all people are wanting elite cardio fitness like I have. If you want to see heavyweight strength athletes, check out http://www.veganbodybuilding.com and http://www.veganstrength.org

Mac Danzig is a vegan and current champion UFC fighter.

Any more requests? Let me know.

15. Anonymous says:

Sisson has love handles even in his glam shots! Sisson also does not subscribe to the uber high fat thing either. And he was a former professional athlete.

16. vegansrule says:

how much fruit would a bulky UFC fighter need? you’re withering away and eat like 3000-5000 calories! what on earth would a big person with actual muscles need?

also, are these bodybuilders and fighters that are vegan or whatever… did they become like that with that diet or did they build thier bodies with animal protein and make the switch to vegan after they were built? and incase you want to say there is no difference, there is a huge difference.

17. durianrider says:

All those vegan athletes I mentioned, they used to be Sumo wrestlers and when they went vegan they go so lean that they are now look like pro kick boxers.

Are you the same person that keeps spamming my page with different email IP’s? Oh yeah, it is. ;)

18. Mari-O in Bangkok says:

Robb Wolf is doing God’s work. I am 43 and when I look in the mirror I see someone who looks more like a college athlete than a middle-aged guy. Every day I give thanks for my new body and my new lease on life. Someone finally got it right. I have been delivered from “Superfood” shakes full of magical green powders, sprouted barley and rice tocopherols. Delivered from an obsession with raw food. Delivered from a life as another skinny-fat, undoubtedly well-intentioned but terribly misguided Vegan (since I don’t plan to ride a bike 900 hours a week, I’ll skip the bananas, thanks).

Harley, a succulent grass-fed Australian lamb shank is calling your name. Just as a Harley steak is calling a Lion’s name. Circle of life, sir.

Living the Paleo Dream,
    Mari-O

P.S. Check out FOOD, INC. (mindblowing film) and “The Vegetarian Myth” (provocative reading) if you can.

19. durianrider says:

Hey Mario. I debunked the vegetarian myth a few times. Firstly Lierre Keith wasnt even a VEGAN! lol! So why did she say she was in the first page???

Liarr keith we call her. ;)

20. Mari-O in Bangkok says:

Thanks for responding, Harley. I don’t disagree with you that Ms. Keith could not credibly call herself a Vegan if she regularly consumed eggs and milk (the latter of which we can agree upon as being poison). Score one for the Durianrider.

Would that the substance of her book could be so easily dismissed! Obviously not, since Vegans literally have to mount entire websites devoted to debunking her.

Interesting FACT: You know who was a hardcore Vegan with unassailable Vegan credentials?

ROBB WOLF

Ain’t that a kick in the Macadamias? Check out his book where he describes the brutal rigor of his benighted Vegan diet. This guy is a biochemist. Very hardcore about food protocol.

All you need to do to realize that you are not in the same league in terms of your understanding of glucose, glycogen, gluconeogenesis is to strap in and LISTEN to any of Robb Wolf’s podcasts. You will realize that you are spouting baby talk by comparison. “Every cell runs on glucose…” Holy Christ. Talk about your surface-level commentary.

Are you serious about “critical thinking”? In that case, check it out. Otherwise, it’s very safe here preaching to the converted. I would LOVE to hear you try to deal with Robb on a dispassionate scientific basis. Holy cow. That would be extremely therapeutic for you.

And print my other comment about Robb and Art DeVany for goodness’ sake. You can love chickens without being one.

Then please have a look at this vid and consider how silly it is to assail Robb’s fitness. It’s just weird that you do that, Harley.

Best,
    Mari-O

21. Mari-O in Bangkok says:

Hey Harley — I appreciate that you allow contrary views and wish you good health. As I’ve said elsewhere, your diet seems to be working very well for you.

22. durianrider says:

Robb’s health is falling apart. His blood tests confirm it. Talk is cheap. Blood tests are valuable. ;)

23. durianrider says:

Oh yeah and Robb Wolf comes across like he has neurological issues. Hey, eating a diet so high in AGE’s will do that. Sad to see another young guy going down hill on those carb phobic, caffeine dependant fad diets. :(